Covering the Greater Los Angeles area and beyond
The Prostitution Diversion Program is designed to educate individuals about the social, health and legal ramifications of engaging in the act of or the solicitation of prostitution. The program is further designed to provide you with access to organizations that can provide assistance. The program is voluntary and requires payment of an administrative fee to cover the costs of the program.
The program is presented as an eight-hour course usually on a Saturday of designated months. If you are eligible and desire to participate in this program, you must take the class on the date listed on the calendar page. If eligible, and if you complete the program, you may be able to have your case set aside and dismissed after a period of one year.
You may wish to consult an attorney as to whether or not you wish to participate in the Prostitution Diversion Program.
Why should I attend?
Here are a few of the benefits of attending this course, however, the greatest benefit is not direct. The fight against prostitution helps save lives and families by reducing the demand for sex trade, reducing the spread of diseases such as HIV and STDs. It also helps keep families together and benefits the entire community.
- Reduction of prostitution
- Reduction of prostitution related crimes
- Have your case set aside and dismissed after one year
This program includes all HIV/AIDS and sexually transmitted disease education as required by the court. Free HIV testing will be available the day of the program
Who is Eligible?
These are some general eligibility requirements, required by the court and City Attorney’s Office.
- First time offenders
- No record of violence
- No record of domestic violence
OUTSIDE CITIES, COUNTIES, AND STATES ARE WELCOME TO SEND ARRESTEES TO THIS PROGRAM
Entry into the program?
How does it all work?
- Defendant advised of program at arraignment or ordered by courts.
- Defendant attends and completes and eight-hour school.
- Defendant obtains completion certificate.
- Defendant returns to court.
- Case dismissed (no future related arrests for one year).
Want to know more? Please visit the about the program page.
When & Where
Please visit our course schedule page here.
Benefits to the Community
- Reduces demand for prostitution.
- HIV/AIDS testing for all men who attend the program.
- Sexually transmitted diseases education provided.
- Reduces police department overtime.
- Reduces court calendars and saves prosecutors time and effort.
- No Taxpayer funds. The program is paid for by arrestees.
- Women’s organizations benefit through donations.
- Independent studies have revealed that Prostitution Diversion Program or “John Schools” dramatically reduces recidivism rate.
- There are over 40 cities in the U.S. that have active programs for men that are arrested for prostitution.
Educational Awareness Programs
Prostitution Diversion Program
1464 Madera Rd. #N Suite 140
Simi Valley, CA 93065
Phone: (805) 630-9953